Hi, I’m Eva Tornallyay, a firm believer in doing great work that’s fun and fulfilling.
I’m a Coach and a global citizen.
I’m passionate about supporting professionals who are really good at what they do and yet struggling with burnout, overwhelm, and not quite sure what’s next. I help them bring fun and adventure into their business lives, so they can find balance, and come away from the edge of burnout. I help them make decisions that seem difficult, but will become manageable with the clear strategy that we create for moving forward.
I remember when I was running my own company as a travel agent, creating these wonderful holidays and business trips for everybody else, and I was working 80 hours, 7 days a week for years. I found that in all the years I couldn’t take a proper vacation.
I still remember the moment, when I decided everything had to change and I went ahead and made the change. I sold my business, and I began to look for my next adventure.
During my transition time I moved to Barcelona, took some time off, and then built a new business, that serves the lifestyle I want to lead, and lets me live more.
My clients have had amazing successes in reaching professional levels they had not dreamed of earlier, and in making decisions that vastly improve their quality of life. While making a sustainable income after the change, or even increasing their income working with me, my clients are able to stop, reassess, and make these amazing life improvements.
You’re in the right place if you are ready for change, and for more fun and adventure in your work, your business and your life.
I invite you to choose your own adventure
Some professional facts about me
- Economist of hospitality and tourism
- Business and leadership development coach, team coach, certificates from Gestalt Coaching Center, Academy of Executive Coaching Ltd. London, Business Coach Ltd. Budapest, Hungarian Psychodrama Institute
- 20+ years of experience in international tourism
- 15 years of experience as business leader and owner
- 20+ years in service and business development, international business partnerships, negotiations, market development, team development and strategic planning
- Successful business negotiations in 60+ countries worldwide.
Some fun facts, that you might like to know about me
- I founded my first business at 35 thanks to a sudden opportunity, offered by two investors. 3 weeks earlier I had no clue about this plan, or any ideas about running a business, but when opportunity came, I said yes.
- Again, on a sudden impulse, in a travel exhibition in Berlin, I asked the world’s biggest cruise line, Princess Cruises, if they would like a representative in Hungary. I must have sounded convincing, because they sent me an exclusive contract, giving my 3-week-old company a unique opportunity to make a huge impact in the Hungarian travel trade.
- I quit my original profession when I was 45, and close to complete burnout I moved to Barcelona for a sabbatical. I then started a new life. Everyone told me there, that it’s impossible to get a job, but I did get a job offer a few months later, which I did not accept. Instead started building a new business.
- Some years later I wanted to move to London, so I applied for just one job, and I got it, without even leaving my flat in Budapest.
I initiated a conversation with a British executive coach and I ended up being a co-author in a coaching related book, that is now sold on Amazon. You can check it out HERE.
I spent my teenage years in the North of Nigeria, and the word Kalangu comes from a Hausa word, meaning “talking drum”. This word for me is important, not just because the drum itself was a means of communication, as coaching is, but was also the name of the club, where my friends and I went dancing on the weekends and had loads of fun.
- I’ve been scuba diving since 1993, and even though I almost drowned twice during some training exercises, this hobby totally relaxes me.